How to Flash Stock ROM Firmware using Mi Flash Tool
This step is very important, if you don’t do this, your device will be stuck in bootloop. The LazyFlasher .zip file skips the Android security check and allows the phone to boot, if you don’t do this, your phone won’t boot as it won’t be able to pass the security check. Installing a custom ROM can void your device warranty. Additionally, you will no longer receive the official firmware update. Note that this is a risky process, and your phone might get stuck into a boot loop. We at Droid Thunder will not be liable for any damage.
- It differs from one brand to the next, as each gadget is custom-designed by the maker.
- Yash is a graduate of computer science and followed his way into journalism, he is interested in various subjects related to technologies and politics.
- It may be used to revert to stock MIUI firmware, manually upgrade Xiaomi/Redmi devices to the newest software, and even fix bootloops.
- Once complete, your device will be unbricked and restored to factory settings.
- If you downloaded a pre-rooted stock ROM and want to keep it that way, you’re now good to go.
Furthermore, you can use it to restore the stock MIUI firmware after flashing a custom ROM, a custom recovery like TWRP, or rooting. On the other hand, custom ROMs are unofficial firmware developed by third-party developers. While they offer more features and customization options than stock ROMs, they often lack the stability and security of stock ROMs.
- If you had any other non-MIUI ROM on your device, you surely must have installed TWRP recovery.
- On the other hand, many users like to flash a custom ROM that offers a variety of features and customization options.
- These are known as – Recovery ROM and Fastboot ROM.
- On stock firmware the other hand, a ‘Fastboot ROM’ for Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco devices contain individual device partition images that could be flashed over the fastboot interface.
Revert all the changes you have made and flash the custom ROM again using tools such as Odin. The sideload feature was introduced with the Android Jelly bean recovery. Most importantly, this sideload mode requires a TWRP recovery version 2.3 or higher. Besides, it is also essential to install the latest ADB binaries on your PC. We have shared the official Xiaomi Redmi 5 Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File) on this page. However, if you choose ‘save all user data,’ your data will be saved.
These features help to protect users’ data and privacy, giving users peace of mind when using their devices. This includes encryption, two-factor authentication, and even fingerprint recognition. They come with a wide range of features and customization options, enabling users to tailor the ROM to their needs. They are reliable and secure, offering an official version of Android that is regularly updated and tested by Xiaomi, providing a stable and secure platform for users. Overall, using a Xiaomi Stock ROM can help to improve the user experience and provide greater stability for the device. It is important, however, to ensure that the ROM is up-to-date and compatible with the device before installing it. XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers.
The flashing procedure can also be carried out directly through the Fastboot binary; in such cases, the Fastboot ROM is compatible with Windows, Linux, and macOS. Xiaomi as promised started rolling MIUI 8 Global Stable build for various supportive devices. The update is rolling out via OTA and the Redmi 1S, Mi 2/2S, Mi 4i, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G users are the first to experience the all new MIUI 8 ROM.